Who doesn’t like to live a fit and healthy life? If you ask anyone if he/she loves fitness training, no one will deny it. Do they take any special efforts to remain fit? Well, some do and some don’t. What can be done for fitness? The answer will be of course, take exercise. Then ask the question, why do you take exercise? And look at the different answers you will get….
- I take exercise because I want to look good in stylish clothes.
- I take exercise because I am diabetic.
- Well, I take exercise to burn out calories.
- I take exercise because it keeps me fresh and active throughout the day.
- I take exercise because I don’t want to look old very soon.
- I take exercise because the doctor has advised me.
- All my friends take exercise, so I follow them.
These are only some of the reasons, but there may be many more and very strange ones. What do you notice from all the above answers?
There are few people who will give the following type of answers:
“Several things: my overall health, fitness raises my self- esteem mentally and physically and I just feel better about my day and about myself when I work-out.”
“It gives me a feeling of accomplishment. Not only am I working towards looking and feeling good, I am improving the quality and quantity of my life.”
It is only people who feel this way really understand what they love, what they are passionate about. Most people are directed towards exercise. For them, exercise is a means to an end, and each one has a different end. There are few who love exercise for its own sake. Few people have a real passion for fitness.
So let fitness be your goal. Once you develop a passion for fitness, all other things will automatically follow.
We have a tendency to put fitness training after everything else. Hence, we find it difficult to develop regular habits like eating well, sleeping and exercise. We prefer to spend time on something else like watching TV or chatting on social media sites or playing games on the cell phone. You always convince yourself that you have no time for exercise. Surprisingly, life has a way of filling up your days and months leaving you with no time for yourself.
So how will you find time enough for regular workout, regular meals, enough rest and sleep so that you remain fit? And remember, fitness implies physical as well as mental fitness. If you want to maintain balance and perform well at the workplace, live a happy and balanced life, be prepared for hardships and challenges, you must remain physically and mentally fit. Which kind of exercise should you take? When? What should be your diet? Instead of designing your fitness chart on you own, it is wiser to seek guidance from fitness experts. Selecting appropriate fitness training methods is important for a number of reasons.
Important factors in fitness training
Training intensity: This refers to how hard you should exercise. Optimal training intensity depends on the individual. A very weak individual should take little exercise. A fat individual must begin with little exercise and increase the intensity gradually. A person who has gone through by-pass, who has heart problem should not exert too much. Someone with aching limbs, migraines, chronic cough or cold must not take exercise without advice from experts.
Training duration: This too depends upon the individual. 40 to 45 minutes exercise daily is enough for a normal person. Doubling the time is not going to accelerate reducing fats. After a certain point, the negative effects of exercise begin to play. Hence, do not make the mistake of exercising every time you get an opportunity in the day, for the sake of thinning quickly. You must give enough time for achieving results. You will begin noticing positive symptoms after two to three months minimum.
Training frequency: Ideally, you must take exercise daily. Early morning is the best time but whenever you take exercise, see that you do it at the same time every day. This is because the body gets used to a routine regarding eating food, digestion and so on. Evening is a good time if you can’t make it in the morning. If you cannot manage daily exercise, you must manage it at least three times every week.
Fitness training methods
- Weight training: The objective of weight training is t develop muscle power. It consists of lifting heavy objects like dumbbells that offer resistance. It increases physical work capacity, improves bone density and improves ability to perform daily activities.
- Circuit training: This type of training strengthens muscles at the same times it increases heart rate. It exercises your arms, legs and back. It is useful for athletes and helps to improve their performance. Circuit training is an excellent option to help you lose weight along with a healthy diet. So if you need to lose weight because you have a condition like diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol, this may be a good choice for you. It is rather intense, so check with your doctor or trainer before you try it.
- Plyometric training: It is useful for developing power of leg muscles. It consists of activities like jumping, hopping or bounding. Exercise should not be continuous; it should be broken by rest periods. Your fitness trainer will tell you whether you need it and which kind of exercise is suitable for you.
- Interval training: The norm is to do intense workout for a short duration followed by a rest period three times longer than the period of intense exercise. It is generally alternated with other training methods. It is useful if you are preparing for longer events. It improves both aerobic and anaerobic fitness.
- Continuous training: It consists of aerobic activities 3 to 4 times a week. Examples include aerobic exercises, cycling, and swimming, running or jogging. It is ideal for beginners. The advantages are burning calories and weight loss.
Developing a passion for fitness
Every new venture involves teething problems and fitness is no exception. Initially you will experience pain in the legs and back; you may feel exhausted, sleepy and ill. You may not e able to put off the image of your warm and cosy bed which will keep luring you. You may think it is wasteful stupidity to go out early in the morning and jump and run till you sweat when you can be lying comfortably in your bed and dreaming or snoring. Making up your mind and getting out of the bed is the crucial step; once you start getting ready, you will look forward to exercise. A fitness training schedule followed strictly for a month or two and there you are. You will never miss it; if you are travelling or sick and happen to miss it, you will get irritated. This is the first positive symptom towards developing a passion for fitness. The as you go on, you will simply love your light step, your high spirit, your buoyancy and overall energy level. Once you begin on the path to health and fitness your spirit, mind, and body begin to change. Research shows that it takes approximately 30 -40 days to establish a new habit, or stop an old one. In reality to stop an old habit you must establish a new one to replace it.
Gradually, others will notice the difference in you. Your body will take the right shape, you will lose unwanted fat, your eyesight will improve and every body part will feel more flexible, till the tip of your fingers and toes. Headaches will be part of history. You will start getting calls from your family doctor who will miss you. You will conquer hot temper attacks and learn to be cool, balanced and peaceful.
That’s it. A peaceful mind is a sign of happiness and it is happiness that we all struggle for. Once you reach this stage, it can be said that you have developed a passion for fitness, overall fitness, fitness of body and mind. Remember, a fit and balanced mind is as important as a healthy and fit body. Then workouts will become a lifestyle and cease to become a fitness programme. That’s precisely the reason why you should join Passion-for-fitness. We have centers in Phoenixville and Exton and the locations are ideal for the neighborhoods Downingtown, Lionville, West Chester, Eagle & Paglenmore. Here’s where you will get an expert personal trainer who will set you off with a studies schedule of appropriate intensity, duration and frequency, along with valuable tips regarding your diet.
Progress with Passion is a unique program created by Passion for Fitness to help every client reach their fitness goals safely and quickly. It is a platform that tailors each session to meet a client’s needs by focusing on one of the five phases. This progressive philosophy uses strategies that take a client to a higher level, no matter their age, condition, or injuries. The programme includes overweight assessment, meal plans from dieticians, safe and basic exercises and weekly weigh-ins. All these factors make Passion for Fitness the best fitness training center in Phoenxiville for a fit life.
At Passion-for Fitness, there will be regular weight checks and constant monitoring of your progress, until you develop a real passion for fitness, because we train you with a passion for fitness!!!